Recently Google introduced its’ new offering by the name of Google Sites as part of Google Apps. Google Sites makes creating a team web site as easy as editing a document. Variety of information can be gathered in one place easily including videos, calendars, presentations, attachments, and gadgets. It can also be shared as easily for viewing or editing with a small group, entire organization, or the world. As of today, Google Sites is enabled for it’s existing users of Google Apps, which means users using Google Apps for their domains can get started immediately.
- Anyone can do it – Building a site is as simple as editing a document, and you don’t need anyone’s help to get started.
- Share from one place – Create a single place to bring together all the information your team needs to share, including docs, videos, photos, calendars and attachments.
- Work together – Invite co-workers, classmates, or your entire organization to edit your site with you to keep it fresh and up-to-date. And let as many or few people view your site as you want.
Google has provided few example sites to see how you might use Google Sites:
- Company intranet — http://sites.google.com/a/organic-city.com/intranet/Home
- Team project — http://sites.google.com/a/altostrat.com/project-eggplant/Home
- Employee profile — http://sites.google.com/a/altostrat.com/jkraus/Home
- Classroom — http://sites.google.com/a/googleclassrooms.org/mrs-richau/Home
- Student club — http://sites.google.com/a/googleuniversity.org/ski-club/Home
To learn more about Google Sites visit http://www.google.com/a/help/intl/en/users/sites.html